Teeth crowding is one of the most common concerns we treat, particularly in the lower set of teeth. If you think that you or a loved one could benefit from corrective teeth services, our team will be happy to meet with you for a free consultation. We’ll evaluate the situation and determine the best ways to move forward.
What causes teeth crowding?
Many reasons can affect why your teeth may grow in crowded. Genetics often play a factor in teeth crowding, but this condition may also be affected by:
- Losing baby teeth too early.
- Having extra teeth.
- Having larger-than-average teeth.
Symptoms of dental crowding
One of the biggest downsides of dental crowding is the poor hygiene that comes with it. Even if you clean your teeth the recommended amount, the improper placement of your teeth can contribute to plaque and bacteria buildup.
Additionally, if you notice any of the following symptoms, consider meeting with the professionals at Alizadeh & Schreiner Orthodontics:
- Difficulty chewing, biting or talking
- Visible overlapping of teeth or crooked teeth
- Aching jaw
- Excess cavities
- Self-esteem issues
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ/TMD)
How do we treat lower teeth crowding?
At Alizadeh & Schreiner Orthodontics, we have many solutions for treating teeth crowding. Most commonly, our patients opt for one of these popular treatment options:
- Braces: Traditional braces are the solution to many orthodontic concerns, and teeth crowding is no exception. The wire and bracket combination gradually moves the teeth into a better position for growth and aesthetics.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign is the new standard in braces. Like traditional braces, they move teeth into place over a series of months. However, Invisalign trays are removable and don’t require consistent tightening, which means fewer visits to the orthodontist during your treatment period.
- Spacers: Another option for lower teeth crowding treatment is spacers. These are small, donut-shaped pieces that fit between teeth to make space.
Benefits of teeth crowding correction
Correcting your teeth is the first step to having a healthier mouth. Uncrowded teeth are easier to clean and maintain, so you’ll have fewer cavities and less mouth pain. As your teeth straighten out, you’ll gain more confidence in your smile.
Fixing the crowding in your bottom teeth is a decision you’ll be proud of for years to come. Start walking the path to a better smile, and we’ll be there to help you through every step.
Visit a different kind of practice
Alizadeh & Schreiner Orthodontics is dedicated to serving the Chesterfield community with cutting-edge treatments in a patient-friendly manner. If teeth crowding is affecting you or your loved one’s life, schedule a free consultation with us today. We’ll make sure you get the service you deserve – service with respect, compassion and professionalism.